Makes 1 generous cup
This citrusy sauce for pulled pork is a Cuban classic.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup juice from 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup juice from 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a small, deep saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant but do nor browned, 30 to 45 seconds.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the orange juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper carefully. Place the pan back on the heat, bring to a simmer, and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and cool the sauce to room temperature. (The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 days.)