Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
Use the time it takes to cook the chops to prep your pears and chives and measure the vodka. You’ll enjoy an elegant dinner for two in minutes.
- 2 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 ripe Anjou pears, each cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup lemon vodka
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 lemon wedges (optional)
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. While the skillet heats, sprinkle the pork evenly with salt and pepper. Coat the pan with cooking spray and add the port. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Remove the pork from the pan, set aside, and keep warm. Add the pear wedges to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, turning frequently. Return the pork to the pan. Add the vodka and cook for 1 minute.
Serve the pan juices over the pork and pear wedges. Sprinkle evenly with chives. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each serving, if desired.