- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Italian or Chinese eggplants, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (substitute fresh tomatoes with canned if desired)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Four 6 ounce salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a skillet on high heat, add oil. Stir in onions, eggplant, zucchini and red pepper, and sauté for 3 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add tomatoes and white wine and simmer for 2 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper.
Season salmon with salt and pepper. Nestle fillets into vegetables mixture, cover and cook gently for 8 minutes or until salmon is cooked but slightly pink in the centre.
Serve the salmon on top of sautéed vegetables.